Happy National Chocolate Day!!
One of the must stop locations during the Epcot Food & Wine Festival is Ireland for the Warm Chocolate Lava Cake. Thankfully, the Disney Parks Blog provides the recipe – so now you can indulge at home!
Warm Chocolate Pudding with Kerrygold® Irish Cream Liqueur Custard
Epcot® International Food and Wine Festival
Kerrygold® Custard Sauce
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Kerrygold® Irish cream liqueur
Warm Chocolate Pudding
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 5 egg yolks
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
For Kerrygold® custard sauce:
- Whisk together the egg yolks, cornstarch, and half of the sugar in a medium sized bowl. Set aside.
- Combine the milk and the remaining sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Slowly pour the hot milk and sugar into the egg yolks, whisking the egg yolks constantly to temper.
- Pour back into saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, for 2 minutes, until custard thickens.
- Once thickened, pour custard into a medium bowl set in an ice bath.
- Whisk in Irish cream liqueur and cool while warm chocolate pudding is baking.
For warm chocolate pudding:
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Lightly butter the bottom and sides of 6 (6 ounce) ramekins. Lightly dust with sugar, shaking out any extra sugar.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a double boiler or heat proof bowl on top of a saucepan of simmering water, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat and cool for 10 minutes.
- Beat egg yolks and whole eggs together in a large bowl. Add sugar and whisk for 2 minutes, until sugar is fully incorporated.
- Fold in melted chocolate.
- Fold in sifted flour, mixing until smooth.
- Evenly divide among prepared ramekins.
- Place ramekins on a baking sheet and bake 23-25 minutes, until the sides of the cake are set and the middle is still soft. Do not overbake.
- Cut around the sides of the cake with a knife to loosen from the ramekins. Invert onto a plate.
- Pour 2-3 tablespoons of custard sauce on top of warm pudding before serving.